Parent Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a guarantor?
The term “Guarantor” in this criterion means the person that will guaranty the obligations of the Resident including, but not limited to financial responsibilities.
Guarantors must meet the following criteria:
- Rent/Earnings Ratio
- Guarantors must:
- Make 3 times the monthly rent to be approved – or –
- Have a sum no less than 12 month’s rent in an accessible bank account
- Provide proof of income/funds by paycheck stubs or bank statements
- Non‐Criminal Financial Screening
- Guarantors will be screened using a third‐party screening company to evaluate Guarantor’s credit, check‐writing history and rental history. Recommendations from the third‐party company will be returned as one of the following:
- Full Pass – Standard deposits apply (if applicable)
- Pass with Conditions – Non‐criminal factors do not meet community standards; the application is rejected.
- Deny – Non‐criminal factors do not meet community standards; the application is rejected. Applications which yield a Pass with Conditions or Deny recommendation from the screening company are welcome to apply with a different guarantor.
What are installments?
One of the portions, usually equal, into which a debt is divided for payment at specified intervals over a fixed period. Rental payments are accepted in installment payments specific to the chosen bed space and executed Lease Contract.
Is there on-site management/maintenance?
Yes, on-site management and maintenance will be present during the following business hours:
- Mon-Fri: 8 am - 5 pm
Maintenance is available after office hours for maintenance emergencies only.
For all other emergencies, please contact 911 then the management team.
How can I pay my rent?
We feel choices are important when it comes to convenience. Therefore, we offer several payment options to suit your needs.
Residents may also make payments by personal check(s), money order(s), cashier’s check(s), or through [insert link here] (also available through the Resident Portal) with credit/ debit card.
Rent must be paid by the 4th of every month to avoid any late fees. Advance payments are accepted.
Do I have to leave during school breaks?
Unlike the dorms, we do not require residents to vacate their apartments during school breaks. Your residency for the 2015-2016 Lease Year is August 14-15, 2015 through July 31, 2016.
What are individual leases?
Each bed in an apartment is its own lease agreement, therefore if roommates are delinquent, cause damage to their bedroom, or cancel their lease contract you are not affected.
What if my student does not get along with their roommate?
We ask students to first communicate directly with one another to work towards a solution that is amenable for all residents of the room. If this strategy does not work, or a roommate is unwilling to compromise, then students are asked to seek out the counsel and assistance of our office staff. The intervention from our management can range from a conversation with the concerned student, to a mediated discussion with the roommates involved. If one feels compelled to vacate, that student must find a replacement sub-leasing student, or if possible, we can transfer the student to another apartment.
What do the fully furnished apartments include?
We’re really excited about our furnishing package. Our designer furnishing option includes:
Living Room: Coffee Table, End Table, 42” flat panel TV, Barstools or dining table (based on floor plan)
Bedroom: Full size bed, Desk with chair, and TV in select floor plans
What are the parking options?
Parking space is limited. Please call the office for more information.
Have additional questions?
Contact us today! Either give us a call, or fill out a contact form and we'll get back to you with the information you're looking for.